Friday, March 11, 2005

[MiJ] The Education

Morita says that his father told him that all the wealth in the world cannot buy knowledge for a man. He has to himself sit down and study for it. However there is one kind of education that the money can provide and that is the education by travel.

This is something that I completely agree to and if I have to say in one word the aim of my life, it has to be travelling. Now of course I can attach many interpretation to the travelling :) but yes, I want to travel far and wide and look at all the small,big, strange, weird things in the world. I just have to !!

I am not sure if the education that Morita talks about needs some special effort on part of the person or if one needs to prepare himself before he can enter this school of real world. May be yes, specially today when everything has been commercialized and you have SOTC and Thomas Cook promising to take you on a breath taking tour of any place in the world. That is definitely not the kind of the travel I want to do. When I say travel, I want to explore, I want to taste the local culture, learn the local language and be absorbed in the surroundings.

And this I think will need some preparation, specially in terms of giving up ones apprehensions. Hostel life have taught me enough to let me survive on any kind of food and lodging but there are more and deeper inhibitions to be given up and the biggest one of those would be to stop judging people based on our believes and notions.

In whatever little I have travelled till now, there has always been a sense of incompleteness. May be that is a result of the glamourous travel shows of Discovery but I think there is something wrong on my part also. I am trying to look for things too hard. I need to realize that it is not the things but the way you look at them that makes the difference.

So yes, I am preparing myself, preparing to enter the school that is this world. Thanks Morita for making me a little more assured. As somebody said:

"Sair ker duniya ki gaafil, zindagaani fir kahan,
zindaganai ger rahi to nawjawaani fir kahan
."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home