Saturday, October 04, 2008

Last two books - Namesake and Katha

Its been long since I wrote here and its been slow on the reading front also. Couple of books I read in last few months include Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri ( Let's just say after the interpreter, I wanted to read Namesake. After Namesake, I am not so sure about the third one) and Katha (A collection of short stories by contemporary female writers, translated from various Indian languages). The second one was an interesting read with most of the stories very nice and engaging. It is a whole new world you enter into with some of these stories. Only today I saw that one of the contributing writers in the Collection, Geetanjali Shree now has a full collection of her own from Harper Collins, only their second Hindi literary title.

Another source of books for me is now the books that we help self publish through pothi.com, our website for self publishing and print-on-demand. I tried the collection of columns by Mahesh Murthy and The Alpha, The Omega and Other Stories by U A Kiran. The first one is an interesting read as an entrepreneur while the second book needs a little more polishing on the language and style. I am thinking of reading Kitna Sach? Kitna Jhooth?? next but reading books on computer screen is still a major pain for me, so let's see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home